Are you ready to take your business to the next level?
The LIT Community provides the support, accountability, inspiration, resources, knowledge and connections you need to get there!
Whether you want to:
- start your location independent therapist (LIT) practice
- grow your LIT practice and attract your ideal clients
- are considering taking your practice on the road
- or moving to a new country altogether
…do you have the support you need to make these dreams a reality?
The LIT Community offers a place to inspire and support location independent mental health professionals as they grow their businesses.
You’ll find colleagues from all over the world working with clients across countries, languages, and time zones. You can connect and collaborate with one another through the discussion board and a variety of events that focus on both business building and supporting your work with clients. We also offer an online directory featuring our members and encourage referrals amongst members.
Working from home (wherever in the world that may be) can be incredibly lonely, but with LIT it doesn’t have to be.
Does this sound like what you’re looking for to help you bring your business to the next level?
- How it would feel to connect with other like-minded mental health professionals who understand the ups and downs of working for yourself
- If you could bring a challenge, mindset block, or business problem to a hot seat coaching session and get detailed, specific feedback to overcome this setback!
- Having experienced colleagues you can come to for feedback on your website/copy/freebie or any other new project you are working on
- Having a space where you can be vulnerable and share your struggles or worries with supportive colleagues who will cheer you on and offer understanding and motivation during a bad day or a slow season in your business
- Sharing your wins with the LIT members and celebrating together
- Staying on top of your goals and seeing the progress you’re making every month in our Happy Hours
- Joining our weekly coworking sessions for extra support, company, and accountability as you tackle your admin/bookkeeping/marketing tasks
- Learning from your colleagues about their areas of expertise
- Developing new business skills and getting fresh ideas from our Business Meetups that you can immediately apply to your business
- Being able to join our peer supervision groups to gain new perspectives on a case
This community is where we get together, talk about best practices and the ins and outs of our daily work. Our Community is a safe space for therapists from all around the world to connect and help each other – Melissa, co-founder.
What you get when you join
👪 Hot seat coaching – get feedback and advice on a challenge, idea, or project and brainstorm with the LIT founders & your fellow members
👪 Virtual co-working sessions – if you’ve never tried this before, you’ll be amazed at how much it can boost your productivity!
👩🏽🏫 Live skill-sharing sessions and expert talks – don’t we all love learning new things? We’re always listening to our members and plan our expert talks accordingly.
🗣 Peer supervision calls – the ideal place for gaining new perspectives on how to approach specific cases and better support your clients
☕ Business meetups – nothing like a few like-minded colleagues to keep you motivated *and* keep you accountable while sharing tips, ideas, and what’s worked for us in our businesses!
📚 A book club – who doesn’t love books?! Find new books to recommend to clients and chat about interesting books to open your minds and discover new perspectives.
🎬 A movie club – initiated by one of our own members, the movie club is proving to be a popular new feature!
👂🏽 A growing referral network to connect with potential clients
… and so much more (including a chance to be featured on our LIT Directory, our blog and our social media channels to name just a few! Check out our Instagram and Youtube to meet some of your future LIT Community colleagues)
Who are we?
We are an international community of location independent mental health professionals working across borders and time zones. We are licensed psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, coaches, and many more working in the mental health field.
We help our clients through (online) counselling and therapy no matter what country they (or we) currently live in or travel to.
We are a globally minded community of therapists from all over the world, and we actively work to make our community as diverse and inclusive as possible, including through our LIT Scholarship program. We believe that we all benefit from bringing together therapists from different cultures and countries and opening ourselves to new ideas and perspectives.
Within the LIT Community, we have members based in (almost) every continent, representing a wide range of lived experiences and offering therapy in many different languages.
In our community, we have mental health professionals at every stage in the journey, from colleagues who are newly licensed and want to go straight into online practice to colleagues who have years of experience working offline and/or online and are ready to scale their business, or finally fulfill their dream of taking it on the road.
In the LIT Community, we meet our members wherever they are in their journeys and businesses and provide the support, accountability, and inspiration to help them achieve their goals while navigating the location independent life.
We are multilingual, international and welcoming. We know how hard it can be to figure it all out on your own. We are here to help and support you on your journey to and through location-independent counselling! – Sonia, co-founder.
“I was searching for a sense of community; a place to share fears as well as successes, and to learn from other professionals. To date, my favourite part of the community is exactly that culture of sharing that is fostered by each member.”
“I joined [the LIT Community] as a way to push myself to reach my professional goals and to surround myself with other therapists who would “get it” and support me in the process. My favourite part of the community has been connecting with the other members because they have truly inspired me to move forward in my location independent journey. Everyone has unique experiences and perspectives and they are an incredible source of encouragement.“
“While this way of working gives me the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere, it can become a little lonely. The LIT community serves this need for me – it allows me to exchange ideas with like-minded people and provides a space where we can support one another. My favourite parts of the community so far are the coffee meetings, business meet-up and the case supervision sessions.”
“I was searching for a professional community who are doing what I want to do – a community of people who share similar values and who are working in location independent practices, or working towards that goal. I landed in the right place. The LIT Community has been really supportive and I’ve been enjoying having a place to share ideas and knowledge.“
The LIT Community is the right place for you if…
You’re looking for a community of like-minded colleagues who support and inspire one another in growing their online businesses
You want to connect with colleagues from different parts of the world to broaden your horizon and learn new things
You want an online community you can take with you, wherever in the world you go
You’re already working online, but want some inspiration for how to take your office on the road
You want to be part of a community that’s constantly growing and that you get to help shape to make sure it fits your needs
You feel lonely working at home every day and want to connect with other mental health professionals who provide support and inspiration
You want a place to turn to where you can get feedback, guidance, and encouragement on all things related to location independence, being a business owner, and a mental health professional
The LIT Community isn’t for you if…
You want a service that will refer clients to you. While we offer advice on finding clients, marketing etc, and a profile on our public LIT Directory, we do not source clients for you. We also want to make sure members are joining not just for the LIT directory, but also because they would like to take advantage of the resources we offer related to business building, clinical work, and community.
You’re working offline and have no plans to travel and no interest in meeting globally minded or multilingual therapists. While you don’t need to take your office on the road to enjoy the LIT Community, this community wouldn’t make sense for you if you have no interest in meeting international colleagues.
You want regular 1:1 coaching on how to grow your business. We offer resources to help guide you on the process of starting and growing your business, including a detailed roadmap for you to follow on your own. We also offer occasional 1:1 support through the discussion board, business meetups, and hot seat coaching. However, you’ll also need to be self-motivated to engage in the community, and put these things into practice for your own business.
You want support in creating passive income so you never need to think about your business. Here in the LIT Community, we’re very honest about the challenges that come with being a business owner – it’s hard work! We will help you foster your big vision for your business so that you can create something that’s a good fit for the lifestyle you want to live, but we don’t believe in the myth of “passive income.”
How To Join
Membership fee: $99.99/month (+ local EU-VAT if applicable)
2 months free if you sign up annually!
You really want to join but can’t afford our full fee because you live in a country with a significantly lower earning power than that of Western Europe or the US, or you’ve experienced reduced opportunities due to other factors in your life?
Check out our LIT Scholarship!
We will open the doors 2-3 times per year for 1 week only as we want to focus on making this community the best it can be for our members, not just selling and marketing it
Our doors are currently closed!
Sign up to our waitlist above to be the first to hear when they’ll open next!
- Where is the community hosted? The LIT Community is hosted on a dedicated app called Mighty Networks off of social media that you can access on your laptop, smartphone, and most devices. So, you can connect with your colleagues whenever you like without getting distracted by all the noise on Facebook.
- I’m just setting up my online practice, is the LIT Community right for me? Yes! We’ve had many colleagues join us right at the beginning of their journey, and they’ve found that it has made the process a lot faster, more streamlined, and less stressful. Being able to access all the resources and information and connect with other mental health professionals within the LIT Community made a huge difference for them as they started their online businesses and was well worth the investment.
- I’m still studying, should I join the LIT Community now or later? We recommend waiting until you’ve finished your studies to join the LIT Community to get the most out of the space. But we look forward to welcoming you in and supporting you on your journey when the time is right for you!
- Is the LIT Community just for digital nomads? While we do have some members that are full-time digital nomads, the amount our members travel varies widely. Some have a home base (or a few) they travel from, others like the flexibility of taking their office on the road a few times a year, and we even have some members who don’t travel much but enjoy connecting with a network of international colleagues.
- I’m very busy, how much time will I need to devote to the LIT Community? We want to meet your needs in the LIT Community, so you can get involved as much as you like! But there’s no pressure to join every event or absorb all the information inside. You can check in with a quick post on the discussion board, select a specific event you want to join, or access the resources that you need most right now.
- What if I can’t make a live event? We encourage our members to attend our events live as you’ll get the most out of them this way since they’re interactive and a great way to meet colleagues. We alternate time zones as much as possible so our members all over the world can take part in our live events. We also change the times whenever possible to adapt to our members’ needs and availability. That being said, we also know you won’t be able to attend every event live. For that reason, we offer replays for several of our events. When you join the LIT Community, you’ll also get access to our full Replay Library of past events.
- Can I cancel my membership at any point? We offer monthly and annual memberships for the LIT Community. We’ve seen that members get the most out of the LIT Community if they take the time to settle in, get involved, and connect with fellow members. However, you can cancel your membership at any time, and it will expire at the end of your subscription period. You can also sign up for a monthly membership and switch to an annual membership later on.
- Why aren’t the doors to the LIT Community always open? We’ve decided to only open the doors to the LIT Community a few times each year so that we can spend the rest of the time focusing on engaging with our current members, fostering a sense of community amongst everyone, and making sure their experience is the best it can possibly be!